If you want better, be humble. Simple said than done, right? To guide you along the way we collected the most inspiring HUMILITY QUOTES to keep you grounded.
30 Profound Humility Quotes to Keep You Grounded
1. “Do you wish people to think well of you? Don’t speak well of yourself.” — BLAISE PASCAL
2. “Self-reflection entails asking yourself questions about your values, assessing your strengths and failures, thinking about your perceptions and interactions with others, and imagining where you want to take your life in the future.” — BOB ROSEN
3. “As you grow up, always tell the truth, do no harm to others, and don’t think you are the most important being on earth. Rich or poor, you then can look anyone in the eye and says, ‘I’m probably no better than you, but I’m certainly your equal.” ― HARPER LEE
“Humility is at the equilibrium of ego. When we’re on centre, we manage our ego rather than it managing us.” — STEVE SMITH
5. “Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.” — SAINT AUGUSTINE
“Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are.” — MALCOLM S. FORBES
7. “There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.” ― ERNEST HEMINGWAY
8. “You shouldn’t gloat about anything you’ve done; you ought to keep going and find something better to do.” — DAVID PACKARD
9. “I have three precious things which I hold fast and prize. The first is gentleness; the second frugality; the third is humility, which keeps me from putting myself before others. Be gentle and you can be bold; be frugal and you can be liberal; avoid putting yourself before others and you can become a leader among men.” — LAO-TZU
10. “It is unwise to be too sure of one’s own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err.” — MAHATMA GANDHI
“On the highest throne in the world, we still sit only on our own bottom.” — MICHEL DE MONTAIGNE
12. “Don’t talk about yourself; it will be done when you leave.” — WILSON MIZNER
13. “We come nearest to the great when we are great in humility.” — RABINDRANATH TAGORE
“Pride is concerned with who is right. Humility is concerned with what is right.” — EZRA TAFT BENSON
15. “Humility, like the darkness, reveals the heavenly lights.” — HENRY DAVID THOREAU
16. “In reality, humility means nothing other than complete honesty about yourself.” — WILLIAM COUNTRYMAN
17. “There is no respect for others without humility in one’s self.” — HENRI FREDERIC AMIEL
More Profound Humility Quotes Below
If you want to get better at your job, respect your work and use the humble approach. Ask for help when you need it. Say thank you when you receive it. Never brag because that gets you stuck on a level that you can always improve on.
Cockiness will blind you to your faults.
If you want better relationships, be kind and be humble. Learn how to think from the perspective of others. Keep your ego in check so you do not offend people who are already going through difficult times. Think of ‘we’ and not so much ‘I’ all the time.
If you want better self-esteem, be humble. Too many people try to fill their insecurities with loud boasts or flashy trends but humility is the way. You decay as you try to sustain your spirit with vanity, trust me I have been there. Life is much sweeter when you do your best and just keep focusing on what you can do better.
Humility will flip your toxic competition against the external world into a positive competition with self.
Stay away from greed, hate and delusion. Stay centred. Be humble.
More Profound Humility Quotes Below
18. “The humble listen to their brothers and sisters because they assume they have something to learn. They are open to correction, and they become wiser through it.” ― THOMAS DUBAY
“None are so empty as those who are full of themselves.” — BENJAMIN WHICHCOTE
20. “Humility is the only true wisdom by which we prepare our minds for all the possible changes of life.” — GEORGE ARLISS
21. “Self-conceit may lead to self-destruction.” — AESOP
22. “Every person that you meet knows something you don’t; learn from them.” ― H. JACKSON BROWN JR.
23. “Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself.” — FRIEDRICH NIETZSCHE
“Plenty of people wish to become devout, but no one wishes to be humble.” — LA ROCHEFOUCAULD
25. “Stay hungry, stay young, stay foolish, stay curious, and above all, stay humble because just when you think you got all the answers, is the moment when some bitter twist of fate in the universe will remind you that you very much don’t.” — TOM HIDDLESTON
26. “A great man is always willing to be little.” ― RALPH WALDO EMERSON
“People that put themselves above others will fall longer and harder.” — GINA LINDLEY
28. “Humility is not thinking less of yourself, it’s thinking of yourself less.” — RICK WARREN
29. “Be humble if thou wouldst attain to Wisdom. Be humbler still, when Wisdom thou hast mastered.” — HELENA P. BLAVATSKY
30. “Life is a long lesson in humility.” — JAMES M. BARRIE