43 Delightful Charlie Chaplin Quotes:
1. “All I need to make a comedy is a park, a policeman and a pretty girl.” — CHARLIE CHAPLIN
2. “Perfect love is the most beautiful of all frustrations because it is more than one can express.” — CHARLIE CHAPLIN
3. “The saddest thing I can imagine is to get used to luxury.” — CHARLIE CHAPLIN
4. “What do you want meaning for? Life is desire, not meaning.” — CHARLIE CHAPLIN
5. “Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself.” — CHARLIE CHAPLIN
6. “Imagination means nothing without doing. In the end, everything is a gag.” — CHARLIE CHAPLIN
7. “Doing something with the public in mind is doing something without your own mind.” — CHARLIE CHAPLIN
8. “Think about yourself at least once in your life otherwise you may miss the best comedy in this world.” — CHARLIE CHAPLIN
9. “Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot.” — CHARLIE CHAPLIN
10. “I suppose that’s one of the ironies of life doing the wrong thing at the right moment.” — CHARLIE CHAPLIN
11. “I remain just one thing, and one thing only, and that is a clown. It places me on a far higher plane than any politician.” — CHARLIE CHAPLIN
12. “You’ll find that life is still worthwhile, if you just smile.” — CHARLIE CHAPLIN
13. “I always like walking in the rain, so no one can see me crying.” — CHARLIE CHAPLIN
14. “I do not need drugs to be a genius, do not take a genius to be human, but I need your smile to be happy.” — CHARLIE CHAPLIN
15. “I don’t believe that the public knows what it wants; this is the conclusion that I have drawn from my career.” — CHARLIE CHAPLIN
16. “Dictators free themselves, but they enslave the people.” — CHARLIE CHAPLIN
17. “Despair is a narcotic. It lulls the mind into indifference.” — CHARLIE CHAPLIN
18. “Man as an individual is a genius. But men in the mass form the headless monster, a great, brutish idiot that goes where prodded.” — CHARLIE CHAPLIN
Scroll Down for More Motivational Charlie Chaplin Quotes
19. “You need Power, only when you want to do something harmful otherwise Love is enough to get everything done.” — CHARLIE CHAPLIN
20. “We think too much and feel too little.” — CHARLIE CHAPLIN
21. “Humor is the sublime wisdom of pity and tolerance in which man recognizes the utter futility of his own enterprise and importance.” — CHARLIE CHAPLIN
22. “A day without laughter is a day wasted.” — CHARLIE CHAPLIN
23. “We all want to help one another. Human beings are like that. We want to live by each other’s happiness, not by each other’s misery.” — CHARLIE CHAPLIN
24. “I am for people. I can’t help it.” — CHARLIE CHAPLIN
25. “You’ll never find a rainbow if you’re looking down” — CHARLIE CHAPLIN
26. “Laughter is the tonic, the relief, the surcease for pain.” — CHARLIE CHAPLIN
27. “I had no idea of the character. But the moment I was dressed, the clothes and the make-up made me feel the person he was. I began to know him, and by the time I walked onto the stage he was fully born.” — CHARLIE CHAPLIN
28. “I do not have much patience with a thing of beauty that must be explained to be understood. If it does need additional interpretation by someone other than the creator, then I question whether it has fulfilled its purpose.” — CHARLIE CHAPLIN
29. “Life can be wonderful if you’re not afraid of it. All it takes is courage, imagination … and a little dough.” — CHARLIE CHAPLIN
30. “Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles.” — CHARLIE CHAPLIN
31. “I remain just one thing, and one thing only, and that is a clown. It puts me on a far higher place than any politician.” — CHARLIE CHAPLIN
32. “My pain may be the reason for somebody’s laugh. But my laugh must never be the reason for somebody’s pain.” — CHARLIE CHAPLIN
33. “I am at peace with God. My conflict is with Man.” — CHARLIE CHAPLIN
34. “Simplicity is a difficult thing to achieve.” — CHARLIE CHAPLIN
35. “There are more valid facts and details in works of art than there are in history books.” — CHARLIE CHAPLIN
36. “To truly laugh, you must be able to take your pain, and play with it.” — CHARLIE CHAPLIN
37. “That’s the trouble with the world. We all despise ourselves.” — CHARLIE CHAPLIN
38. “I will not join any club who will take me as a member.” — CHARLIE CHAPLIN
39. “The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.” — CHARLIE CHAPLIN
40. “A man’s true character comes out when he’s drunk.” — CHARLIE CHAPLIN
41. “More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness.” — CHARLIE CHAPLIN
42. “Life is a play that does not allow testing. So, sing, cry, dance, laugh and live intensely, before the curtain closes and the piece ends with no Applause.” — CHARLIE CHAPLIN
43. “As I began to love myself I found that anguish and emotional suffering are only warning signs that I was living against my own truth. Today, I know, this is “AUTHENTICITY”.
As I began to love myself I understood how much it can offend somebody if I try to force my desires on this person, even though I knew the time was not right and the person was not ready for it, and even though this person was me. Today I call it “RESPECT”.
As I began to love myself I stopped craving for a different life, and I could see that everything that surrounded me was inviting me to grow. Today I call it “MATURITY”.
As I began to love myself I understood that at any circumstance, I am in the right place at the right time, and everything happens at the exactly right moment. So I could be calm. Today I call it “SELF-CONFIDENCE”.
As I began to love myself I quit stealing my own time, and I stopped designing huge projects for the future. Today, I only do what brings me joy and happiness, things I love to do and that make my heart cheer, and I do them in my own way and in my own rhythm. Today I call it “SIMPLICITY”.
As I began to love myself I freed myself of anything that is no good for my health – food, people, things, situations, and everything that drew me down and away from myself. At first I called this attitude a healthy egoism. Today I know it is “LOVE OF ONESELF”.
As I began to love myself I quit trying to always be right, and ever since I was wrong less of the time. Today I discovered that is “MODESTY”.
As I began to love myself I refused to go on living in the past and worrying about the future. Now, I only live for the moment, where everything is happening. Today I live each day, day by day, and I call it “FULFILLMENT”.
As I began to love myself I recognized that my mind can disturb me and it can make me sick. But as I connected it to my heart, my mind became a valuable ally. Today I call this connection “WISDOM OF THE HEART”.
We no longer need to fear arguments, confrontations or any kind of problems with ourselves or others. Even stars collide, and out of their crashing new worlds are born. Today I know “THAT IS LIFE”!” — CHARLIE CHAPLIN