Money is wearing the pants in this relationship. We live in a capitalist society and we need to acknowledge what that means, that’s why we decided to put together our favourite MONEY and SOCIETY QUOTES.
32 Money and Society Quotes:
1. “Money is only a tool. It will take you wherever you wish, but it will not replace you as the driver.” — AYN RAND
2. “Don’t tell me where your priorities are. Show me where you spend your money and I’ll tell you what they are.” — JAMES W. FRICK
3. “The greatest power is not money power, but political power.” — WALTER ANNENBERG
“Never spend your money before you have earned it.” — THOMAS JEFFERSON
5. “Too many people spend money they haven’t earned, to buy things they don’t want, to impress people that they don’t like.” ― WILL ROGERS
6. “Know what you own, and know why you own it.” — PETER LYNCH
7. “Only buy something that you’d be perfectly happy to hold if the market shuts down for ten years.” — WARREN BUFFETT
8. “Concentration of wealth yields concentration of power, particularly so as the cost of elections skyrockets, which kind of forces the political parties into the pockets of major corporations.” — NOAM CHOMSKY
“Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you.” — CARL SANDBURG
10. “Listen to me, America. They don’t care about you, because you don’t bring a check.” — BUDDY ROEMER
11. “Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich by promising to protect each from the other” — OSCAR AMERINGER
“Empty pockets never held anyone back. Only empty heads and empty hearts can do that.” — NORMAN VINCENT PEALE
13. “A simple fact that is hard to learn is that the time to save money is when you have some.” — JOE MOORE
14. “All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume.” ― NOAM CHOMSKY
“You now have the potential of 200 people deciding who ends up being elected president every single time.” — BARACK OBAMA
16. “Let individuals contribute as they desire: but let us prohibit in effective fashion all corporations from making contributions for any political purpose, directly or indirectly.”
— THEODORE ROOSEVELT
17. “Money plays the largest part in determining the course of history.” — KARL MARX
“We are rapidly moving toward a nation of the super-rich, by the super-rich and for the super-rich.” — BERNIE SANDERS
Scroll Down for More Money and Society Quotes:
Too many of us are living to work instead of working to live. It is all right in front of us and we shrug our shoulders, convinced that things can’t change.
The one truth that we do not avail ourselves is that this is not how things can continue.
Soon money will not dictate happiness. Soon someone will make sense of the madness but until then we can take charge of our own lives. We can live as individuals without the worry of interest rates, 401k’s and savings accounts. We can explore all that life has to offer without the burdens that man has created for himself. Money is a tool not who you are.
If we all as individuals play our part, we can start to shape our world. Be ready to follow your heart. Not the money.
Passion is far more rewarding than the pursuit of a dead-end dollar. Our myopia towards the need for money has drained us.
So let us stop judging people by what is on their business cards and more by what is in their hearts.
Let us encourage every passion no matter how big or small because true passion is alive. We stop waking up to a life of discomfort.
Let us stop swelling our self-worth according to the ebbs and flows of bank accounts. Let us focus more on the best we can be for our fellow man while discovering the best of our character. We do not have to be herded towards jobs that make us miserable, just because a bill is due. Wage slavery does not equal Capitalism. Capitalism is the getting out of individual dreams.
Find your role in making a better society. The money will come. Stop sacrificing your life for it. Make today the day that you decide to rewrite your history. Through your hopes, your purpose and not your money grabbing motives.
19.“Paper money will invariably operate in the body of politics as spirit liquors on the human body. They prey on the vitals and ultimately destroy them” — GEORGE WASHINGTON
20. “If money is your hope for independence you will never have it. The only real security that a man will have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience, and ability.” — HENRY FORD
21. “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators” — P. J. O’ROURKE
22. “I feel more confident than ever that the power to save the planet rests with the individual consumer.” — DENIS HAYES
“Many Folks think they aren’t good at earning money when what they don’t know is how to use it. ” — FRANK A. CLARK
24. “A man is rich in proportion to the things he can afford to let alone.” — HENRY DAVID THOREAU
25. “It’s good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it’s good, too, to check up once in awhile and make sure that you haven’t lost the things that money can’t buy.” — GEORGE LORIMER
26. “Consumerism is at once the engine of America and simultaneously one of the most revealing indicators of our collective shallowness.” — HENRY ROLLINS
27. “I don’t mean to criticize anyone in any way that I wouldn’t criticize myself. I think people should have fun, and have a good time, and enjoy the luck that we have to be lazy and dwell on consumerism. But I think that it’s a balance.” — NATALIE PORTMAN
“Money is usually attracted, not pursued.” — JIM ROHN
29. “A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain.” — ROBERT FROST
30. “It is advertising and the logic of consumerism that governs the depiction of reality in the mass media.” — CHRISTOPHER LASCH
31. “The people who own the country ought to govern it.” — JOHN JAY
“Money won’t create success. The freedom to make it will.” — NELSON MANDELA