Today we bring you the most motivating FREEDOM QUOTES online.
Are you really free?
Do you enjoy all the rights of a great republic, believing that you are free to do as you please? Or do you sidestep opinions that will earn you unflattering labels?
Do you challenge what you are told? Do you investigate? Or do you maintain the same new sources, consuming without questions your assigned thought patterns?
Are you caged by the expectations of others, too timid to step outside of what you think you are supposed to do? Would you not truly be free if you surrounded yourself with people we reflect your interest and allow you to shine. No matter how strange you currently think you are.
Have you conquered a fear? When was the last time you were spontaneous? Where was the last place you went that surprised your friends? Who was the last crush you confidently walked up to. The more we hide behind fears, the less free we are.
Take a closer look. Are you free?
30 Freedom Quotes: Are you free?
1. “We must be free not because we claim freedom, but because we practice it.” ― WILLIAM FAULKNER
2. “You can’t separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom.” ― MALCOLM X
3. “They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” ― BENJAMIN FRANKLIN
4. “Patterning your life around other’s opinions is nothing more than slavery.” ― LAWANA BLACKWELL
5. “Because you are in control of your life. Don’t ever forget that. You are what you are because of the conscious and subconscious choices you have made.” ― BARBARA HALL
6. “Most will give up an acre of freedom for a closet of security.” ― DR. IDEL DREIMER
7. “Freedom is the basic condition for you to touch life, to touch the blue sky, the trees, the birds, the tea, and the other person.” ― THICH NHAT HANH
8. “Freedom has its life in the hearts, the actions, the spirit of men and so it must be daily earned and refreshed — else like a flower cut from its life-giving roots, it will wither and die.” ― DWIGHT D. EISENHOWER
9. “In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved.” ― FRANKLIN D. ROOSEVELT
10. “Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can labour in freedom.” ― ALBERT EINSTEIN
11. “Freedom begins between the ears.” ― EDWARD ABBEY
12. “Freedom is the right to live as we wish.” ― EPICTETUS
13. “Freedom is the will to be responsible to ourselves.” ― FRIEDRICH NIETZSCHE
14. “How absurd men are! They never use the liberties they have, they demand those they do not have. They have freedom of thought, they demand freedom of speech.” ― SOREN KIERKEGAARD
15. “Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better…” ― ALBERT CAMUS
16. “Freedom is the only law which genius knows.” ― JAMES RUSSELL LOWELL
17. “Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it.” ― GEORGE BERNARD SHAW
18. “Self-reliance is the only road to true freedom, and being one’s own person is its ultimate reward.” ― PATRICIA SAMPSON
19. “Everywhere the human soul stands between a hemisphere of light and another of darkness on the confines of two everlasting hostile empires, Necessity and Free Will.” ― THOMAS CARLYLE
20. “Freedom is the oxygen of the soul.” ― MOSHE DAYAN
21. “Instead of trying to make your life perfect, give yourself the freedom to make it an adventure, and go ever upward.” ― DREW HOUSTON
22. “Freedom is what you do with what’s been done to you.” ― JEAN-PAUL SARTRE
23. “True success, true happiness lies in freedom and fulfilment.” ― DADA VASWANI
24. “Shall I tell you what the real evil is? To cringe to the things that are called evils, to surrender to them our freedom, in defiance of which we ought to face any suffering.” ― LUCIUS ANNAEUS SENECA
25. “Man is free at the moment he wishes to be.” ― VOLTAIRE
26. “Liberty is not the power of doing what we like, but the right to do what we ought.” ―LORD ACTON
27. “Today I choose life. Every morning when I wake up I can choose joy, happiness, negativity, pain… To feel the freedom that comes from being able to continue to make mistakes and choices – today I choose to feel life, not to deny my humanity but embrace it.” ― KEVYN AUCOIN
28. “Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.” ― FRANK HERBERT
29. “The secret to happiness is freedom… And the secret to freedom is courage.” ― THUCYDIDES
30. “The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” ― ALBERT CAMUS