Failure hurts but hurt makes the good kind of regret. It reminds you to try harder, to avoid a mistake and to improve. You need failure so you can rise again like a Phoenix. Don’t worry we are together through the journey, our handpicked selection of FAILURE QUOTES to help you realize the folly of failure.
30 Marvelous Failure Quotes to Help You Realize the Folly of Failure
1. “Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” ― WINSTON S. CHURCHILL
2. “You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you do not try.” ― BEVERLY SILLS
3. “Failure is simply an opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.” — HENRY FORD
4. “Some men give up their designs when they have almost reached their goal, while others obtain a victory by exerting, at the last moment, more vigorous efforts than ever before.” — HERODOTUS
5. “It’s fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.” — BILL GATES
6. “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” — THOMAS EDISON
7. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.” ― CONFUCIUS
8. “My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure.” — ABRAHAM LINCOLN
9. “Failure is what happens when you decide you have failed. Until then you are still always looking for ways to get to where you want to be.” — TIM S. GROVER
10. “Never give up! Failure and rejection are only the first step to succeeding.” ― JIMMY VALVANO
11. “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work and learning from failure.” — COLIN POWELL
12. “If you try to be anyone but yourself, you will fail; if you are not true to your own heart, you will fail. Then again, there’s no success like failure.” — BOB DYLAN
13. “I’ve come to believe that all my past failure and frustrations were actually laying the foundation for the understandings that have created the new level of living I now enjoy.” — TONY ROBBINS
14. “I can’t give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time.” ― HERBERT BAYARD SWOPE
15. “Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed of a greater or equal benefit.” — NAPOLEON HILL
16. “If you fell down yesterday, stand up today.” ― H.G. WELLS
17. “Think like a queen. A queen is not afraid to fail. Failing is another steppingstone to greatness.” — OPRAH WINFREY
18. “There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.” ― PAULO COELHO
19. “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. Twenty-six times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” — MICHAEL JORDAN
More Failure Quotes Below:
If you think of failure as an accident then accidents are part of nature. We evolve by testing genetic accidents as we adapt to a changing world. Accidents are how we got here.
We are here to desire, to experience and to wonder at our capabilities. We stand still, dreaming of ambitions, fearing failure.
We are starved of the personal achievements that inspire us to come alive. In the real world student loans, force you to settle for underpaying jobs. And that is if you are lucky to graduate college. Financing different lines of credit will become normal and the margin for error incredibly thin. With many responsibilities will then multiply the intolerance for failure. It’s all about paying the rent and keeping up with society. We get stuck watching t.v to pass the time till the next day of work. We read magazines of about the rich, powerful and famous. Sometimes, we follow our heroes and guilty pleasures on social media. Those who dish out some tasty tales. Think of how many success stories are made sweeter by accidents. A dash of error, stirred by perseverance.
You are part of an opportunity, life. Don’t waste it hidden in the fear of failure. Give it another go. Decide your approach. But you can’t fear it. Don’t stay tucked away when there is an entire existence to explore. Earn a few bruises. Dust your self off. And go. Go again. Don’t be afraid of it. It is natural.
20. “When you take risks you learn that there will be times when you succeed and there will be times when you fail, and both are equally important.” ― ELLEN DEGENERES
21. “Remember that failure is an event, not a person.” — ZIG ZIGLAR
22. “It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.” ― THEODORE ROOSEVELT
23. “My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with failure.” — ABRAHAM LINCOLN
24. “Success is most often achieved by those who don’t know that failure is inevitable.” — COCO CHANEL
25. “Just because you fail once doesn’t mean you’re gonna fail at everything.” ― MARILYN MONROE
26. “Why do I talk about the benefits of failure? Simply because failure meant a stripping away of the inessential. I stopped pretending to myself that I was anything other than what I was and began to direct all my energy into finishing the only work that mattered to me.” — J.K. ROWLING
27. “Don’t be afraid to fail. Don’t waste energy trying to cover up failure. Learn from your failures and go on to the next challenge. It’s ok to fail. If you’re not failing, you’re not growing.” — H. STANLEY JUDD
28. “A thinker sees his own actions as experiments and questions–as attempts to find out something. Success and failure are for him answers above all.” ― FRIEDRICH NIETZSCHE
29. “Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself.” — CHARLIE CHAPLIN
30. “Do not let arrogance go to your head and despair to your heart; do not let compliments go to your head and criticisms to your heart; do not let success go to your head and failure to your heart.” ― ROY T. BENNETT