¡Hola! Here we are again, bringing you the best dose of Motivation on-line. This time, we’ve collected the most fantastic COMPASSION QUOTES To Inspire The Good In You.
30 Compassion Quotes To Inspire The Good In You:
1. “To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.” ― RALPH WALDO EMERSON
“No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.” ― AESOP
3.“That’s what I consider true generosity: You give your all, and yet you always feel as if it costs you nothing.” ― SIMONE DE BEAUVOIR
4. “If a person seems wicked, do not cast him away. Awaken him with your words, elevate him with your deeds, repay his injury with your kindness. Do not cast him away; cast away his wickedness.” ― LAO TZU
“Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive.” ― DALAI LAMA XIV
6. “A human being is a part of the whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feeling as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.” ― ALBERT EINSTEIN
7. “If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich.” ― JOHN F. KENNEDY
8. “If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.” ― MOTHER TERESA
9.“Compassion is the chief law of human existence.” ― FYODOR DOSTOYEVSKY
“Compassion is a verb.” ― THICH NHAT HANH
11. “My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humour, and some style.” — MAYA ANGELOU
12. “Now that I understand that I’m an addict, I definitely have compassion for my mother. I get it.” — EMINEM
13. “Someone who has experienced trauma also has gifts to offer all of us – in their depth, their knowledge of our universal vulnerability, and their experience of the power of compassion.” — SHARON SALZBERG
14. “Compassion is loving others enough to say or do what is appropriate from an empowered heart without attachment to the outcome.” — GARY ZUKAV
“Compassion is practically acquired knowledge, like dancing. You must do it and practice diligently day by day.” — KAREN ARMSTRONG
Find More Compassion Quotes Below:
How different things would be if we lived compassionately. Instead, we live indifferently to the plights of our fellow man. Rather than being abstract, let us take a look at the case of the minority immigrant in the United States.
In the land of the free and home of the brave, where millions have always sought refuge from their dreams, you would expect compassion. But we have begun referring to hopeful people as undocumented workers. You only need take a glance at the news to see how we bicker and attack rather than unite and resolve.
Where is the eagerness to connect, reach out and help make someone else’s life easier? We only seem to believe in compassion among people who think, look and act like us. But is that real compassion.
It is a shame, the term undocumented worker is meant to play to the fear of people losing jobs in a lousy economy. More people coming into the country is supposed to result in even fewer jobs for citizens or “documented workers.” But compassion requires that we remove our selfishness for the sake of others.
To those who argue that they cannot find work because of immigrants, I say open your heart and imagine what conditions these undocumented workers must endure for them to jump at the very little they may be afforded abroad. Through compassion, you see the world with newer eyes, and you fall in love with life with a bigger heart.
Make a list of the jobs that you claim are stolen from you. If you are compassionate, you will be honest. This was never about employment, just an excuse for hate. So choose compassion instead, smile more.
And if you feel as though these human beings cause employers to lower wages and settle for cheap labour, then the real issue is a lack of unions that represent your interests and not the people willing to feed their families with the crumbs that others dust off dinner tables.
We have to end the name calling on all sides, the looking down on others from the right, the turning up of the nose from the left. What will unite us is compassion. Let us stop labelling people because that is where separations are manufactured. Let us start regarding all of humanity as a family.
Stop heartlessly calling people undocumented workers. Your lack of work is more due to jobs leaving the country than immigrants coming in. Compassion allows you to see things as they indeed are. You are not caught up in the fog of fear, propaganda, and anger.
You become a better you by practising compassion.
16. “Meditation is to get insight, to get understanding and compassion, and when you have them, you are compelled to act.” — THICH NHAT HANH
17. “If I can turn the most powerful part of the world into a land of wisdom and compassion, it’s going to change the rest of the world.” — CHADE-MENG TAN
18. “The purpose of human life is to serve, and to show compassion and the will to help others.” — ALBERT SCHWEITZER
19. “One’s life has value so long as one attributes value to the life of others, by means of love, friendship, indignation and compassion.” — SIMONE DE BEAUVOIR
20. “God’s dream is that you and I and all of us will realize that we are family, that we are made for togetherness, for goodness, and for compassion.” — DESMOND TUTU
21. “Compassion is more important than intellect in calling forth the love that the work of peace needs and intuition can often be a far more powerful searchlight than cold reason.” — BETTY WILLIAMS
22. “Here are the values that I stand for: honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you want to be treated and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values.” — ELLEN DEGENERES
“Respect all manner of men regardless of their station in life. Compassion is one of the greatest virtues.” — ANTHONY CARMONA
24. “When we watch stories, we learn empathy, we learn compassion, and hopefully we achieve some sort of understanding.” — GAVIN HOOD
25. “Skip the religion and politics, head straight to the compassion. Everything else is a distraction.” — TALIB KWELI
“Compassion is the antitoxin of the soul: where there is compassion even the most poisonous impulses remain relatively harmless.” — ERIC HOFFER
27. “Our uniqueness, our individuality, and our life experience mould us into fascinating beings. I hope we can embrace that. I pray we may all challenge ourselves to delve into the deepest resources of our hearts to cultivate an atmosphere of understanding, acceptance, tolerance, and compassion. We are all in this life together.” — LINDA THOMPSON
28. “Because of the media, the way the world is perceived is as a place where resources and time are running out. We’re taught that you have to grab what you can before it’s gone. It’s almost as if there isn’t time for compassion.” — GEORGE MICHAEL
29. “I think one of the best words in the English language is ‘compassion.’ I think it holds everything. It holds love, it holds care… and if everybody just did something. We all make a difference.” — MICHAEL CRAWFORD
30. “Compassion is the key to living outside the confines of your lower self.” — DEBBIE FORD