We have to face challenges every single day. We are pretty good at it actually, but sometimes it gets complicated. We bring you this list with the best Challenge Quotes so you can feed your ambition.
46 Challenge Quotes and Ambition Quotes to Feed Your Ambition:
1. “The winners in life think constantly in terms of I can, I will, and I am. Losers, on the other hand, concentrate their waking thoughts on what they should have or would have done, or what they can’t do.” — DENNIS WAITLEY
“Ambition is a dream with a V8 engine.” — ELVIS PRESLEY
3. “Whatever qualities the rich may have, they can be acquired by anyone with the tenacity to become rich. The key, I think, is confidence. Confidence and an unshakable belief it can be done and that you are the one to do it.” — FELIX DENNIS
4. “When we accept tough jobs as a challenge to our ability and wade into them with joy and enthusiasm, miracles can happen.” — ARLAND GILBERT
“We should not let our fears hold us back from pursuing our hopes.” — JOHN F. KENNEDY
6. “Ambition is an idol, on whose wings great minds are carried only to extreme, to be sublimely great, or to be nothing.” — THOMAS SOUTHERNE
7. “Life’s lessons may be viewed as difficulties or challenges to be overcome, but in reality, they are an exercise in fine-tuning that will make our efforts more effective in the long run. We are developing skills, attitudes, and perspectives that we need to move forward with insight and awareness.” — GAIL PURSELL ELLIOTT
8. “Ambition has its disappointments to sour us, but never the good fortune to satisfy us. Its appetite grows keener by indulgence and all we can gratify it with at present serves but the more to inflame its insatiable desires.” — BENJAMIN FRANKLIN
9. “That’s what learning is, after all; not whether we lose the game, but how we lose and how we’ve changed because of it and what we take away from it that we never had before, to apply to other games. Losing, in a curious way, is winning.” — RICHARD BACH
10. “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” — HELEN KELLER
11. “Trials, temptations, disappointments all these are help instead of hindrances if one uses them rightly. They not only test the fibre of a character but strengthen it. Every conquered temptation represents a new fund of moral energy. Every trial endured and weathered in the right spirit makes a soul nobler and stronger than it was before.” — JAMES BUCKHAM
“Ambition beats genius 99% of the time.” — JAY LENO
13. “The longer I live, the surer I become that the truest real difference between the success and the failure, between the strong and the weak, between the rich and the poor, between the great and the average, is just plain willpower, invincible determination, a purpose once set and then death or victory. And no fine manners, education or brilliance, no talent, opportunity or culture can make any two-legged creature a man without it.” — SIR THOMAS BUXTON
14. “People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity, no matter how impressive their other talents.” — ANDREW CARNEGIE
15. “How does a person make a difference? The history of the world is simply a chronicle of the deeds of a small number of ordinary people who had extraordinary levels of commitment.” — ANTHONY ROBBINS
“At the age of six, I wanted to be a cook. At seven I wanted to be Napoleon. And my ambition has been growing steadily ever since.” ― SALVADOR DALÍ
More Challenge Quotes and Ambition Quotes Below:
(B) Body. Take care of your health with diet and exercise. With a weak body, ridden with disease or fatigue you hardly enjoy life.
(M) Mind. Sharpen your focus, learn how to live in the present and do not get carried away by stress. Without a strong mind, our existence becomes a burden.
(S) Spirit. Connect to something bigger than yourself, a noble cause that may, at best, lead to your transcendence and at the very worst, develop your character. Spirituality is meant to help us become kinder, more self-aware and better servants of our communities.
Thus we have come to acknowledge the trifecta of Body, Mind and Soul. It would seem that pertinent aspects of the human experience are completely addressed with attention to these three pillars but it can be argued that one is missing work. The first three make life worth living, the fourth gives us something of our making to live for.
(W) Work. Find work that you are passionate about, fall in love with how your talents may make the world a better place, then commit to perseverance, adaptability and productive habits until you achieve your goals. Because it is purposeful work fulfils us. It gives us an outlet in which we may express our best.
We need our challenges and ambitions. Our work offers the opportunity to change the world, if not of others, of ourselves. Thus B.M.S.W is the superfecta for approaching the challenge of life as the four help us decide worthy ambitions while influencing how we approach challenges.
17. “Great ambition is the passion of a great character. Those endowed with it may perform very good or very bad acts. All depends on the principles which direct them.” — NAPOLEON BONAPARTE
18. “Accept the challenges, so you may feel the exhilaration of victory.” — GEORGE S. PATTON
19. “Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young.” — HENRY FORD
20. “You only lose energy when life becomes dull in your mind. Your mind gets bored and therefore tired of doing nothing. Get interested in something! Get absolutely enthralled with something! Get out of yourself! Be somebody! Do something! The more you lose yourself in something bigger than yourself, the more energy you will have.” — NORMAN VINCENT PEALE
“Most people would succeed in small things if they were not troubled with great ambitions.” — HENRY WADSWORTH LONGFELLOW
22. “I’ve never known a man worth his salt who in the long run, deep down in his heart, didn’t appreciate the grind, the discipline… I firmly believe that any man’s finest hour this greatest fulfilment to all he holds dear is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle, victorious.” — VINCE LOMBARDI
23. “Make every thought, every fact, that comes to your mind pay you a profit. Make it work and produce for you. Think of things not as they are but as they might be. Don’t merely dream but create.” — ROBERT COLLIER
24. “There are in fact four very different stumbling blocks in the way of grasping the truth… the example of weak and unworthy authority, longstanding custom, the feeling of the ignorant crowd, and the hiding of our own ignorance while making a display of our apparent knowledge.” — ROGER BACON
“Say what we will, we may be sure that ambition is an error. Its wear and tear on the heart are never recompensed.” — EDWARD BULWER-LYTTON
26. “If you get caught up in things over which you have no control, it will adversely affect those things over which you have control.” — JOHN WOODEN
27. “Ambition is an uncomfortable companion many times. He creates a discontent with present surroundings and achievements; he is never satisfied but always pressing forward to better things in the future. Restless, energetic, purposeful, it is Ambition that makes the creature a real man.” — LYNDON B. JOHNSON
“It is true of the Nation, as of the individual, that the greatest doer must also be a great dreamer.” ― THEODORE ROOSEVELT
29. “Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.” — MARK TWAIN
30. “It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.” — LUCIUS ANNAEUS SENECA
“The desire to reach for the stars is ambitious. The desire to reach hearts is wise.” ― MAYA ANGELOU
32. “Human beings can transform themselves. They can grow larger or smaller but they grow every day.” — WALTER ANDERSON
33. “Dreams not pursued by action are simply that, dreams with little prospect of being attained. Action taken without a plan or direction is simply that action with little prospect of success. Tie the plan and the action together and the dreams can become reality.” — JULIE V. WATSON
34. “To do anything in this world worth doing, we must not stand back shivering and thinking of the cold and danger, but jump in, and scramble through as well as we can.” — SYDNEY SMITH
35. “The times in our lives in which we feel that we have the least power are actually the times when we have the most. Those are the times in which we affirm or redefine who we are, what we believe, and make choices that can impact ourselves and those we encounter for a lifetime.” — GAIL PURSELL ELLIOTT
“Ambition is the germ from which all growth of nobleness proceeds.” — RALPH WALDO EMERSON
37. “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing that’s why we recommend both daily.” — ZIG ZIGLAR
38. “Ambition is a lust that is never quenched, but grows more inflamed and madder by enjoyment.” — THOMAS OTWAY
39. “Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in, forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day, begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” — RALPH WALDO EMERSON
40. “There is a real magic in enthusiasm. It spells the difference between mediocrity and accomplishment – It gives warmth and good feeling to all your personal relationships.” — NORMAN VINCENT PEALE
41. “Men have been taught that it is a virtue to agree with others. But the creator is the man who disagrees. Men have been taught that it is a virtue to swim with the current. But the creator is the man who goes against the current. Men have been taught that it is a virtue to stand together. But the creator is the man who stands alone.” — AYN RAND
“Ambition is so powerful a passion in the human breast, that however high we reach we are never satisfied.” — HENRY WADSWORTH LONGFELLOW
43. “Life is an opportunity, benefit from it. Life is a beauty, admire it. Life is a dream, realize it. Life is a challenge, meet it. Life is a duty, complete it. Life is a game, play it. Life is a promise, fulfil it. Life is sorrow, overcome it. Life is a song, sing it. Life is a struggle, accept it. Life is a tragedy, confront it. Life is an adventure, dare it. Life is luck, make it. Life is life, fight for it.” — MOTHER TERESA
44. “Focusing your life solely on making a buck shows a certain poverty of ambition. It asks too little of yourself. Because it’s only when you hitch your wagon to something larger than yourself that you realize your true potential.” — BARACK OBAMA
45. “Life consists in penetrating the unknown, and fashioning our actions in accord with the new knowledge thus acquired.” — LEO TOLSTOY
46. “Though ambition in itself is a vice, yet it is often the parent of virtues.” — QUINTILIAN