Is this the year that you overcome a fear? “If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn’t lead anywhere.” This year remember that.
I use my birthday as motivation. You can too.
Are you living on your terms? “If you can’t be a poet, then be the poem.” This is the year to be who you have always said you were going to be.
I use my birthday as inspiration. You made it this far, you should too.
“All the adversity you have had in your life, all your troubles and obstacles have strengthened you. You may not realize it when it happens. But a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for us.” Don’t let the rest of the year bring you down. Keep making memories and enjoy like it is your birthday.
But I was never into birthdays until I met Kristina.
She says, one more year deserves more than birthday cake and a gathering. It should be when we are the most grateful. The challenges of life wear away at us but our birthdays are our chance to remind ourselves. We are still here. We are happy and we will not take our existence for granted.
To Kristina, remembering to celebrate is about making new memories. It is another reason I love her. We find time to manufacture a moment of quality, something to treasure. You should too, especially on your birthday.
Don’t shoot for the lavish, reach for the especially you. Commemorate a new phase of life. You deserve it just for being here.
We take it for granted that we are alive but I like to think about it. You should too, that you are here means you survived every terrible thing that has ever happened to you. So let us start enjoying the fact that we live. Celebrate!
Start your year with a bang.
35 Wonderful Birthday Quotes
1. “Every year on your birthday, you get a chance to start new.” ― SAMMY HAGAR
2. “It is not how old you are, but how you are old.” — MARIE DRESSLER
3. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” — C. S. LEWIS
4. “Age is not measured by years. Nature does not equally distribute energy. Some people are born old and tired while others are going strong at seventy.” — DOROTHY THOMPSON
5. “Cakes are special. Every birthday, every celebration ends with something sweet, a cake, and people remember. It’s all about the memories.” — BUDDY VALASTRO
6. “A diplomat is a man who always remembers a woman’s birthday but never remembers her age.” — ROBERT FROST
7. “You know you’re getting old when the candles cost more than the cake.” — BOB HOPE
8. “Old age isn’t so bad when you consider the alternatives.” — CATO
9. “You can’t help getting older, but you don’t have to get old.” — GEORGE BURNS
10. “With mirth and laughter, let old wrinkles come.” — WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE
11. “I love the big fresh starts, the clean slates like birthdays and new years, but I also really like the idea that we can get up every morning and start over.” — KRISTIN ARMSTRONG
12. “A birthday is a time to reflect on the year gone by, but to also set your goals for the upcoming year.” — CATHERINE PULSIFER
13. “Let us never know what old age is. Let us know the happiness time brings, not count the years.”— AUSONIUS
14. “Real birthdays are not annual affairs. Real birthdays are the days when we have a new birth.” — RALPH PARLETTE
15. “Because time itself is like a spiral, something special happens on your birthday each year: The same energy that God invested in you at birth is present once again.” — MENACHEM MENDEL SCHNEERSON
16. “Your birthday should be celebrate like New Year’s day, a time of welcoming a new year, a time for reflection over the past year, and a time for new goals to be set.” — KATE SUMMERS
17. “Nature gives you the face you have at twenty; it is up to you to merit the face you have at fifty.” — COCO CHANEL
18. “Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.” — CHILI DAVIS
19. “God gave us the gift of life; it is up to us to give ourselves the gift of living well.” — VOLTAIRE
20. “The day which we fear as our last is but the birthday of eternity.” ― LUCIUS ANNAEUS SENECA
21. “Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest.” — LARRY LORENZONI
22. “Birthdays are nature’s way of telling you to eat more cake.” — JO BRAND
23. “The great thing about getting older is that you don’t lose all the other ages you’ve been.” — MADELEINE L’ENGLE
24. “The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.” — LUCILLE BALL
25. “The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.” — OPRAH WINFREY
26. “Wisdom doesn’t necessarily come with age. Sometimes age just shows up all by itself.” — TOM WILSON
27. “Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.” — MARK TWAIN
28. “The year you were born marks only your entry into the world. Other years where you prove your worth, they are the ones worth celebrating.” — JAROD KINTZ
29. “A birthday is just another day where you go to work and people give you love. Age is just a state of mind, and you are as old as you think you are. You have to count your blessings and be happy.” — ABHISEK BACHCHAN
30. “Our birthdays are feathers in the broad wing of time.” — JEAN PAUL RICHTER
31. “A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.” — JOHN BARRYMORE
32. “Don’t just count your years, make your years count.” — GEORGE MERIDETH
33. “How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?” — SATCHEL PAIGE
34. “Age is just a number. It’s totally irrelevant unless, of course, you happen to be a bottle of wine.” — JOAN COLLING
35. “So happy another year has found you, may it be the best year yet.” — JULIE HEBERT